Last updated: April 27, 2019
• you visit, interact with or use any of our websites, social media pages, Connexmore mobile apps (where linked to this Cookie Notice), online advertisements, marketing communications (our “online Properties”).
• you use Connexmore products and services (including mobile apps) that have been deployed by one of our business customers, such as your employer (our “Services”).
It explains what these technologies are and why we use them, as well as your rights to control our use of them.
What are cookies?
Cookies are small data files that are placed on your computer or mobile device when you visit a website or use an online service. Cookies are widely used by organizations in order to make their websites or services work, or to function more efficiently, as well as to provide reporting information. There are two types of cookies: session cookies and persistent cookies. Session cookies are stored in temporary memory, not retained after an end-user’s browsing session ends and do not obtain information from the end-user’s device. On the other hand, persistent cookies persist on the end-user’s device in the browser’s subfolder and are activated again once you visit the site that created the particular cookie and remains for the duration period set within the cookie’s file.
Cookies set by the website or service operator are called “first party cookies”. Cookies set by parties other than the website or service operator are called “third party cookies”. Third party cookies typically enable certain third party features or functionality to be provided on or through websites or services (such as, advertising, interactive content and analytics). The parties that set these third party cookies can recognize an individual’s computer both when they visit the website or use the service in question and also when they visits certain other websites.
What cookies do we use and why?
There are three types of cookies that we may use:
• Required cookies: These are cookies, also known as ‘essential’ cookies, that are required for technical reasons in order for online Properties and Services to operate. We may, for example, use the information collected using required cookies to alert you that a newer version of such software is available and/or if your subscription is going to expire. Without these cookies, services that you have asked for cannot be provided. We want you to understand these required cookies, and why we use them, but we don’t need to get your consent to use them on our online Properties and Services as we use these cookies only to provide you with services or information that you have requested.
• Functional cookies: These cookies may be used to enhance the performance and functionality of our online Properties and Services; to manage your preferences; to analyze and personalize your use of, or to generally help us better understand how, our online Properties and Services are being used. We think that these cookies will improve your experience when using the online Properties and Services but are non-essential to their use. As such, you may disable these cookies as set forth below, however please be aware that, without these cookies, certain functionality (like videos) may become unavailable.
• Advertising/ targeting cookies: These cookies are used to make advertising messages more relevant to you. They perform functions like preventing the same ad from continuously reappearing, ensuring that ads are properly displayed for advertisers, and in some cases selecting advertisements that are based on your interests. You may disable the use of these cookies as set forth below.
Cookies served through the Services
Connexmore provides the Services to businesses and other organizations that are accessed by end-users of those organizations, in a work capacity. The Services may make use of first or third party cookies, whether session or persistent cookies. These cookies may be used for session management, account access/authentication, to recognize returning users and remember preferences, and such other purposes as set forth in more detail in the Privacy Notice such as facilitating the delivery of the Services, maintaining and monitoring the infrastructure of the Services and ensuring security protections, fixing issues with and improving our Services and related user experience, and providing support. Further details regarding the purposes for which we use and collect personal data and other information in connection with the Services is further detailed in the Privacy Notice.
What similar technologies do we use?
Cookies are not the only way to recognize or track users of our online Properties and Services. We may use other similar technologies from time to time, like web beacons (sometimes called “tracking pixels” or “clear gifs”) to track users of our online Properties and Services. These are tiny graphics files that contain a unique identifier that enable us to recognize when someone has interacted with our online Properties and Services, such as opening an e-mail that we have sent them. The use of web beacons (or similar technologies) allow us, for example, to monitor the traffic patterns of users within our online Properties and Services, to deliver or communicate with cookies, to understand whether you have come to our online Properties from an online advertisement displayed on a third-party website, to improve our online Properties and Services, and to measure the success of e-mail marketing campaigns. In many instances, these technologies are reliant on cookies to function properly, and so declining cookies will impair their functioning.
Our use of targeted advertising.
Connexmore tracks and analyzes both individualized usage and volume statistical information related to your use of our online Properties and Services. We also partner with third parties (such as advertisers and ad networks) to display advertising on our online Properties and/or to manage and serve advertising on other third party sites.
You have the right to decide whether to accept or reject cookies (apart from those that are required or essential).
You can exercise your preferences in relation to cookies served: (i) on our Online Properties by using our cookie consent tool; and (ii) through our Services, by clicking on the Google Analytics opt-out link provided above, by visiting similar opt-out pages of other parties who serve cookies, or by setting or amending your browser controls as described below.
Disabling most Interest Based Advertising: Most advertising networks offer you a way to opt out of interest based advertising. If you would like to find out more information, please visit http://www.aboutads.info/choices/ or http://www.youronlinechoices.com.
Opting out of tracking via your mobile device: If you are using a mobile device, you can opt out of having your mobile identifier used for certain types of Interest Based Advertising, including those performed by us, by accessing the settings in your Apple or Android mobile device and following the most recent published instructions. If you opt-out, no further data collection or tracking will occur. This means that if at a later stage, you decide to opt-in, we will not be able to continue and track you using the same ID as before and you will for all practical purposes be a new user to our system.
How often will we update this Cookie Notice?
The date at the top of this Cookie Notice indicates when it was last updated.
Where can you obtain further information?